This year, father-and-son team Luis G. and Luis C. Brignoni debuted the first craft brewery in Miami, Wynwood Brewing Company. Here, in their own words, are their favorite spots for drinking suds around town.
1. The Butcher Shop: "It's an all-in-one in Wynwood: a restaurant, shop, and beer garden. The choice of draft beers is excellent, and Sausage Saturdays are a fantastic time to enjoy pairings with both. Just sit down, choose your sausages and beers, and you're set."
2. Wynwood Kitchen & Bar: "Chef Miguel Aguilar prepared an amazing pairing with our beers a month ago. He's a master at knowing what flavors from his kitchen go best with beers. From appetizers to desserts, the pairings were delicious."
Wynwood Brewing Co. Founders' Favorite Miami Restaurants for Drinking Beer
3. B&S Gastropub: "The people behind B&S love to experiment with suckling pigs, mac 'n' cheese, seafood, and everything else. We love the possibilities available to try different flavors and pair them with beer. On Thursdays, they have a $4 all-night draft beer special, so it's a perfect day to enjoy their selections."
4. Artisan: "Artisan in Key Biscayne is a must-try for tapas and beer. It has a casual, fun, and great ambiance. We like to pair different brews with their flavorful tapas like sliders, arepas, and skewers."
5. OTC: "Chef Jacob Anaya takes OTC's craft beer selection very seriously, and he prepares the menu to complement it. The atmosphere is fun and social, which is very inviting to spend time with friends and colleagues."
6. Sergio's: "Once in a while, we want some great Cuban food, and Sergio's is our choice for a Sunday afternoon. No matter which location you visit, they always have the same good food quality and service. They've started to introduce more draft beers, and that's a nice addition to their menu."
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.