1. Twitter 1,703 Followers, 721 Following - constant interaction with individuals conversing about the brand and #FollowFridays to recognizing the brand.
2. Facebook Fanpage 3,780 Likes, Daily Posts ;& Interactions, and a New Mobile App; the corporate fanpage has over 12,000 fans.
3. Foursquare - four specials available to the public, each venues has a special particular to that venue.
- Azul - Third visit, receive a FREE bottle of Veuve Clicquot
- Cafe Sambal - Third visit, receive a FREE bottle of house white or red wine
- M Bar - First visit, receive a FREE signature cocktail
- Pool - Check in on Friday between 7 - 11 p.m., receive a FREE signature cocktail
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
4.YouTube Channel - seven videos linking to YouTube, second largest search engine online.
Social media is part of public relations manager Allie Spang's day-to-day regimen. It is a key tool for customer service and a crucial marketing device that allows her to converse with thousands of people, media and guests alike. She believes onsistent interaction as well as creative and useful content are the keys to the Mandarin Oriental's social media success.
When we used Twitter and Foursquare while dining at Cafe Sambal during Miami Spice, we were were surprised with a box of chocolates and a card from the communications department thanking us for joining them.
The steps involved in delivering the gift were involved. 1) Call the manager on duty, 2) Explain the situation, and 3) Locate the guest, em>a.k.a. find the needle in the haystack; Cafe Sambal seats close to 100 guests during a busy shift. A retweet would have sufficed. Never the less, this generous, and unrequited gesture certainly makes them stand out in our minds.