Snickers Bars are great for a little afternoon pick-me-up because they are filled with all the best things in life - chocolate, caramel, peanuts and nougat. Some genius, who most likely worked at a country fair, discovered a way to make this fantastic treat even unhealthier by frying it.
The good news is that you don't have to wait for the fair to come to town. You can make this treat in five easy steps:
1. Place the Snickers bar in the freezer until it is hard so the candy bar does not melt when it is fried. This step is optional because the candy bar will be delicious either way. However, an unfrozen Snickers Bar will be stickier and messier.
2. The safest way to fry a Snickers is in a deep fryer. Don't panic if you don't have one because you can also use a deep pot with a glass lid. Preheat peanut or vegetable oil to 375 degrees.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
3. Prepare batter to coat the Snickers bar. You can use funnel cake batter, cake batter or pancake batter. Take the Snickers out of the freezer and completely cover it in the batter.
4. Use tongs to place the Snickers into the deep fryer or deep pot with the heated oil. When it's golden brown, remove it from the hot oil using the tongs. The total frying time should be about three minutes, but keep an eye to determine when it is ready.
5. Let the fried snack cool for a few minutes because the inside will be hot and you could burn your mouth. You can top it with powdered sugar, chocolate syrup, caramel or any other sweet treat.
On a side note, deep frying any type of food puts you at serious risk for starting a fire. If you are making fried Snickers bars late at night after a few frosty beverages, your chances increase by quite a bit. Be a good Boy Scout (or Girl Scout) and be prepared. Never put water on a grease fire, but instead put it out with a glass lid or baking soda.