As a countdown toNew Times'
"Best of Miami" 2010, Short Order
is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305. Send your
nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
22. Grilled Grouper Sandwich at Garcia's Seafood Grille & Fish Market
Garcia's fish sandwiches are legendary, and for good reasons. Number one: The fish comes fresh from local waters each day -- same as the stuff they sell in their market up front. Number two: The simplicity of it all -- just a quick flip of the well-seasoned seafood on and off the grill, and a delicate plunk into the soft, fresh bun, with crisp iceberg lettuce adding some crunch (plus a bit of tiny-diced tomato and red onion). Number three: Choice of sides, from salad to fries to tostones; plenty of ice cold beer on hand too. Number four: Can't beat the outdoor patio, with its view of old tugboats tugging old steamers down a lazy old stretch of Miami River -- interspersed with the occasional passing of a luxurious yacht. And finally, the price: $7.95. If you ain't been to Garcia's, you ain't been nowhere.
Garcia's Seafood Grille & Fish Market
398 N.W. North River Drive, Miami
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
49. Passion Fruit Panna Cotta at Bourbon Steak
48. Spicy Tuna Roll at Shoji Sushi
47. Bang Bang Shrimp at A Fish Called Avalon
46. Meatballs at Macaluso's
45. Goat Cheese Salad at Books & Books
44. Tacos al Carnitas Michoacan at Con Sabor a Mexico
43. Pan-Seared Sheepshead Fish Over Farro at Altamare
42. Deep-Fried Biscuit at the Pit Bar-B-Que
41. Joe's Stone Crab Claws
40. Fried Fish Sandwich at Alabama Jack's
39. Rotisserie Chicken at Pardo's
38. Hummus at Pita Loca
37. Pâté Sandwich at La Sandwicherie
36. Daily Bread's Falafel Platter
35. Fish & Chips at Clarke's
34. Goat Stew at Tap Tap
33. Matzo Ball Soup at Jerry's Deli
32. Nasi Goreng at Bali Cafe
33. Pan Con Minuta at La Camaronera
30. Filet Mignon at Red The Steakhouse
29.Seared Mediterranean Wild Striped Bass from Palme d'Or
28. Roasted Baby Suckling Pig at Sardinia
27. Supermoon Perro at La Moon
26. Butter Chicken at Guru Restaurant
25. Peking Duck at The Setai
24. Oysters at Area 31
23. New-Style Sashimi at Nobu