10 Practical Reasons for Wearing a Mesh Tank-Top
1) In order to be an all-around sexy beast
2) It doubles as a pasta strainer
3) Because everyone knows mesh goes with Bermuda shorts … and a name-plate necklace … and a bleached, Mafioso tip…
4) Solidification of the fact that you, and not Justin Timberlake, did indeed bring sexy back
5) Because you’re a huge fan of Sean Astin’s character (below) in 50 First Dates
6) Man-boob ventilation
7) To catch tuna, and the occasional unsuspecting dolphin
8) To acquire a natural looking tan
9) Daddy didn’t love you
10) So when you carry around a flower you plucked off a random bush with the obvious intentions of giving it someone, people can question whether or not you play for team “Space-between-the-Thighs” or “Team Tuck-between-the-Thighs”
Tell us your reasons for wearing a mesh top, and don't forget to send your own Style Soldier shots to our Fashion Team.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.