- A man stole handbags from Macy's in Aventura Mall and then, during the getaway, hit and killed a woman. [Herald]
- Police are still searching for a woman involved in the handbag heist. Meanwhile, witnesses say the crash could have been prevented if police weren't so aggressive in their pursuit. [NBCMiami]
- The school board has decided to extend Superintendent Carvalho's contract. [CBS4]
- A soldier from South Florida was demoted and sentenced to time in a military jail for refusing to fight in Afghanistan because it isn't a war of self-defense. [NYTimes]
- A University of Miami study says simply living in the United States increases cancer rates among Hispanics. America: Bad for your health? [Bloomberg]
- Low demand for lobsters this season is driving prices down, which is bad for fishermen. [Herald]
- Dolphins training camp is a drama-free zone. [Herald]
- Coconut Grove bank fired 19 people and apparently isn't doing so well. [CGGV]
Recommended For You
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!