If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- This is the saddest thing ever: An English teacher saved up for her dream vacation in Miami Beach and then died of meningitis. [ThisIs]
- The Miami City Commission will not let the Marlins ballpark borrow $9 million from the general fund to build a parking garage. This is because they promised to not use money from the fund, and they are actually keeping their word. [SFBJ]
- County Commissioners will not be able to use cops as their own personal chauffeurs. [Herald]
- This smart grid thing is apparently a much bigger deal than we thought. Here is Time magazine to make you excited that we're on the forefront of something cutting edge, and then bore you with the details. [Time]
- Here is another national outlet commenting on a local thing. 'The response to Obama's shifts in Cuba policy were strangely low-key, and maybe Cuban-Americans even like him a bit.' Take it away AP. [AP]
- There is a bear in Weston who is busy doing bear things and eating your trash. [NBCMiami]
- "I just thought I was creating a cute little 10-acre dude ranch..." for naked people. [NBCMiami]
- The Marlins drop their second game in a row to the Pirates. Arrrrrrrgh....ugh. Watch as our stat as number one team in all of baseball slowly slips away. It was fun while it lasted. [Herald]