- George Novack, Jr., son of the Fontainebleau's original owner and a Ft. Lauderdale convention planner, was found beaten to death in his hotel room in New York City. [USAToday]
- A North Miami Beach imam is facing deportation, so he's reaching out to Kendrick Meek. [Herald]
- The express lanes on I95 are not attracting as much traffic as anticipated. [SFBJ]
- The top 20 money grabber for in state races for the previous quarter. [NakedPolitics]
- We haven't checked in with Herald columnist Jackie Bueno Sousa in a while, but 26th Parallel does and find she's contradicting herself. [26thParallel]
- Oh look, a ridiculous new Lexus dealer. Is this a car dealership or a luxury resort? [Herald]
- There's already been a fatal shooting in Miami today. [CBS4]
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.