Gerardo Regalado, the 38-year old man alleged to have shot and killed four women, including his girlfriend, before turning the gun on himself, is the half brother former New York Yankee pitcher Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez.
El Duque, in turn, is the half brother of former Florida Marlin pitcher Livan Hernandez, but it is unclear if Regalado and Livan know each other, reported NBC. Livan won a World Series with the Marlins in 1997 and continues to pitch in the majors. El Duque helped the Yankees win World Series titles in 1998, 1999 and 2000.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
- A 5-year old boy drowned as he tried to wash his dog in the bathtub of his grandfather's Culter Bay home, early Tuesday morning.[Channel 10]
- A Miami-Dade school bus driver was struck and killed in a hit and run accident Tuesday morning as she walked across the street at the intersection of 137th Avenue and NW 6th Street. A short while after the accident, police arrested two people believed to have fled the scene of the crime.[Channel 10]
- It wasn't a good morning for pedestrians as two more were struck in another hit and run in North Miami Beach. In that crime, a 16-year old and a woman were run over as they walked along the sidewalk in the 16700 block of NE 35th Ave. Police found the car involved in the accident but are still searching for a person of interest who might have been driving it. The boy was last in stable condition while the woman was in critical condition. [Channel 10]
- Mary Lindsay, 61, who allegedly ran over two police sergeants while driving drunk, is out on bond. One of the cops is out of the hospital, while the other remains interned with head injuries. [WSVN]
- A Chicago man and his daughter were injured during a parasailing accident near Bayside Marketplace in late Monday afternoon. Investigators are still trying to determine what caused the parasail to drag across the water and collide against a sea wall. [NBC]