Jim Greer, the disgraced former chairman of the Republican Party of Florida, is already in trouble for allegedly misdirecting $200,000 of party money to a company he owned. Now, during that investigation new, weirder allegations have popped up. Mainly that Greer held fundraiser events and meetings with a "No Girls Allowed" policy, shared a sexist orgasm joke with convicted Ponzi schemer Scott Rothstien, and posted anonymous, sexist blog comments.
Adam C. Smith at The Buzz sifted through the juicier and more outrageous tidbits.
- Former Party Finance Director Megan O'Rourke (who now works for the Charlie Crist campaign) says she was aware of a "mens only" trip to the Bahamas as a "thank you" to major donors to the "Yes on 1" property tax campaign. She says no female staffers were allowed to go.
- Greer once made a comment "that if he gave her (O'Rourke) a contract, she'd have an orgasm and if he gave her a credit card contract, she'd have two orgasms." Convicted Ponzi schemer Scott Rothstein was in the room at the time.
- She also claims that she read she saw several sexually inappropriate comments on blog she suspects that Greer made because of identical grammar and spelling errors.;
- Lobbyist Beth Kigel says she was not invited to a Greer and Crist hosted event at the Governor's Club meant for supporters of Amendment one, allegedly because it was for guys only. "On the way in, Greer stopped Kigel and told her that she was not allowed to come in the meeting. He then told her to take care of the ladies at the bar."
- Kigel was not invited to that Bahamas trip and people on the trip were told not to tell her. However she heard that some woman were involved, but were "paid." Ominous.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
So basically Greer is big into sausage fests and a raging sexist. We'd love to get a hold of some of these blog comments, and know what exactly the women on the Bahamas trip were "paid" for.