If High Fidelity taught us anything, it's that music nerds love to rank stuff. And there was plenty to rank in 2017, from places to party all night to low-key, high-quality bars. Here are the most popular music lists New Times published this year — ranked for your pleasure.
1. Ten Best Miami Nightclubs. Whether you're looking to get down and dirty, go all-night and into the next day, or Instagram yourself looking better than anyone else, Miami has the perfect party scene for you and your fabulous friends. New Times' list of top ten favorites truly only scratches the surface of the city's massive club scene, but these are definitely the must-see attractions.
2. Ten Best Bars in Miami Beach. In the past few years, the craft-cocktail craze has inspirited a new, much-needed wave of bars in Miami Beach. Sure, overpriced and overhyped neon-blue slushy drinks with cheap vodka are inevitable. But today, Collins Avenue brims with a new generation of savvy, classy, and smart watering holes, from decades-long mainstays such as Purdy Lounge and Mac's Club Deuce to more modern concepts like New York City import Employees Only.
3. Ten Best Ladies' Nights in Miami. It's not easy being a lady in this world. Sometimes you need a break — from the office, from the Man (and maybe your man) — God knows you've earned it. Luckily, many of your favorite Miami bars have ladies' nights most days of the week, even Fridays. They offer free drinks and/or specials on liquor, beer, and wine, so pick your poison and bring the girls with you. If your man has been good this week, some bars even have perks for him.
Resale Concert Tickets
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
4. South Beach's Ten Best Dance Clubs. The days of Madonna sightings and Versace parties are gone, but the nightclub scene of South Beach rages on. Whether you're searching for rock, hip-hop, EDM, or Latin vibes; whether you're looking to down a beer or sip expensive champagne; whether you're dressed to the nines or keeping it casual, South Beach is the place to go when it's time to get shit poppin'.
5. South Beach's Ten Best Pool Party Spots. Catching rays in our designer bikinis, sippin' juicy umbrella drinks, and chillin' by the pool. This is one case where the stereotype is true: Miami knows how to have fun in the sun. A lot of it has to do with that whole carefree vibe that comes with living in the Magic City, but the reason we're always walking around half-naked and tan is because of all the kick-ass pool parties we're able to crash — especially in South Beach.