When you’re strolling Calle Ocho beneath the sweltering sun, nothing cools off your afternoon like a frosty treat. Pop into Azucar, where you’ll find flavors that could only be dreamed up in Miami. Making ice cream is a tradition in owner Suzy Battle’s family. Her grandmother made ice cream in Cuba and many of the flavors pay tribute to the island nation — like plátanos maduros (sweet plantains) and “Abuela Maria” (vanilla ice cream laced with ripe guava, chunks of cream cheese, and crushed Maria cookies).
Photo courtesy of Azucar Ice Cream Company
- Price: $
- Hours: Monday-Wednesday 11 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 11 a.m.-11 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: No Alcohol
- Reservations: Not Accepted
- Parking: Metered, On-street
- Order/delivery via DoorDash
- Order/delivery via Grubhub
- Order/delivery via Postmates
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats
- Use restaurant app to order/pay