February: It's the most romantic month of the year. With Valentine's Day coming up, now is the perfect time to slow things down, whisk your loved one out of the house, and enjoy a bit of holiday
In the runup to the big day, hotels have put together all kinds of couples' packages with beautiful water views, great food, and fun activities.
From cute boutique accommodations to luxury resorts, here are ten local hotels offering specials on Valentine's Day.
1. Circa 39 Miami Beach. Curl up with your boo in this colorful, retro-style boutique hotel, ideal for couples who want to be near the ocean but away from the frenzy of South Beach. The Valentine's Day "
2. Hotel Victor. The sands of South Beach can feel worlds away from everyday life, and Hotel Victor puts its guests right next to the shore. Book a romantic getaway at this charming art deco style boutique hotel on Ocean Drive and enjoy a "Sweetheart Valentine's Package" that includes breakfast for two, a bottle of Prosecco, and an assortment of chocolate truffles to enjoy while lounging in one of the oceanfront pool cabanas. Guests also receive discounts at the nearby Sugar Factory and at Gianni's restaurant in the Versace mansion, along with a complimentary upgrade to deluxe accommodations when available. 1144 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach; 305-779-8700; hotelvictorsouthbeach.com. Rates start at $219.
3. Atton Brickell Miami. Lovebirds who like the city life will enjoy a stay at this modern, happening hotel in the heart of Downtown Miami. There are over 50 restaurants within walking distance, along with plenty of bars, and great shopping at the Bayside Market Place and Brickell City Center. For Valentine's Day, there's a special "Romance Package," which includes a bottle of wine, a romance meal created by the executive chef, complimentary cabana by the rooftop pool, and an upgrade to a spacious, stylish executive suite. Rates start at $249. 1500 SW First Ave., Miami; 786-600-2600; attonbrickellmiami.com.
4. The Diplomat Beach Resort. Want to get away — but without the price tag of travel? Head to Hollywood and experience the "Love & Wellness" package at this iconic hotel, voted one of the top 10 resorts in Florida by Condé Nast Traveler Choice Awards 2018. There will be plenty of opportunities for you and your lover to spend time gazing into each other's eyes with a special two-night stay package, which includes a 50-minute couple's massage and 20 percent off any additional spa services or products. For dinner, head to the Diplomat Prime restaurant, which will offer a special 4-course menu with a glass of champagne on Valentine's Day ($179 per person). 3555 S. Ocean Dr., Hollywood; 954-602-8400; diplomatresort.com. Rates start at $299.
5. The Hotel of South Beach. If you and your beloved are party-friendly, a reservation at this upscale art deco hotel will put you right in the middle of Ocean Drive's late-night revelry. Between clubs, you can celebrate your love with a "Romance Package" that includes a premium room of the couple's choice, a $50 food and beverage credit, a bottle of sparkling wine, chocolate strawberries, and a romantic turndown. For an extra dose of romance, be sure to catch the sunrise from the lovely hotel’s rooftop while you indulge in a happy hour of sangria and mimosas. Features include multiple bars, a restaurant with a free buffet breakfast on Friday and weekends, a lovely rooftop pool, and a well-equipped fitness center. Rates start at $299. 801 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-531-2222; thehotelofsouthbeach.com.
6. W Fort Lauderdale. There's nothing like remembering your dog's sad face at the kennel to ruin a romantic moment. Thankfully, over Valentine's Day weekend, couples can treat their four-legged companion to a pampered getaway at this Fido-friendly hotel with its "Valentine's Day With Your Pup" package. Guests will receive a limited edition of the hotel's dog bandana, heart-shaped cookies, water doggie bowls, dog bed, tinkle turf pad, and a Bark Box with toys. Pup parents receive a complimentary mini bottle of Moët, full access to the rooftop pool, the gym, fitness classes, cruiser bicycles, and beach chairs. Rates start at $514. 401 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-414-8200; wfortlauderdale.com. Use code LUV when booking.
7. The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne. If an escape to a secluded island is your idea of an ultimate romantic sojourn, head to this luxury property in Key Biscayne to enjoy an away-from-it-all weekend. Hit the sand at the exclusive local beach or kick back with a cocktail at one of the oceanfront pools. The hotel features a tennis center and three on-site dining options. The Spa-cation special includes overnight accommodations and two 50-minute treatment choices at the 25,000-square-foot spa, with a co-ed sanctuary, steam rooms, saunas, whirlpools, vitamin C-infused showers, and a fitness center. But be prepared to spend big bucks for the privilege — rates start at $739. 455 Grand Bay Dr., Key Biscayne; 305-365-4500; ritzcarlton.com.
8. 1 Hotel South Beach. A reservation at this luxury hotel will cost you, but it will also get you plenty of service and amenities and access to a gorgeous waterfront area for sunbathing, eating, and drinking. The hotel is known for its wellness program and until February 28, love-struck couples who want to skip the chocolate and indulge in healthy activities can take advantage of a "Grow Your Love" room package, comprised of a 60-minute joint yoga session paired with a private personal instructor from the newly opened Anatomy at 1 Hotel gym. The hotel's eco-friendly stance adds extra allure, with reclaimed wood on the walls, pieces of driftwood furniture, and room keys made of recycled wood. Your complimentary bottle of Perrier-Jouet champagne will set the tone for the rest of your stay. Rates start at $799. 2341 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-604-1000; 1hotels.com.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
9. Faena Hotel. Nothing offers over-the-top romance in Miami quite like this whimsical, arty hotel, synonymous with stellar service. The $2500 daily rate of their Valentine's Day “Flaming Hearts” package might drain your wallet, but your staycation will be fully covered as you can sleep, dine, relax and party without ever leaving the property. The special includes daily breakfast for two, a private yacht experience, a $100 dining credit to redeem at Los Fuegos or Pao, one hour of personal shopping at Faena Bazaar with complimentary champagne, one welcome bottle of wine, and a Tierra Santa spa amenity at turndown. Spend your day under a red-and-white candy-striped umbrella at the Beach Club's 100,000 square feet of private white sand, then dress up to enjoy live music at Living Room before you take the lovin' up a notch with a snuggle on the room's fancy goose-down bedding. 3201 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-534-8800; faena.com.
10. The Confidante Miami Beach. This hotel invites guests to live and love like foodies with an ultra-luxe "Taste the Love" three-night stay in an oceanfront suite with wrap-around terrace. Couples are greeted with specialty truffles and red velvet cookies and receive a guided local farmers market tour followed by private cooking and cocktails classes. For dinner, Bird & Bone will host a special a prix-fixe menu of four courses and a welcome champagne cocktail ($138 per couple). You will get your own private daily cabana and spa services will be offered at a 20 percent discount, including the couple's Body Glow exfoliation with all-natural chocolate scrub. The package costs $4,500. 4041 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-424-1234; hyatt.com.