- The Lisbon/Miami Dance Exchange at Miami-Dade County Auditorium: You've heard of sister cities, but what about transcontinental dance partners? It's not such a crazy idea, and thanks to the hard work and collaborative talents of three international dance companies, it's about to become a reality. The Lisbon/Miami Dance Exchange — featuring Amalgama, Plural Dance, and Karen Peterson and Dancers — will fill the Miami-Dade County Auditorium this Friday.
- Laugh Attack, Headlined by Johnny Trabs at Artistic Vibes Studio: Laugh Attack is an all-out assault on your comedy pleasure centers. It's a nonstop barrage of local and touring comedians. Comics battle for the audience's approval and laughter, with a champion named at the evening's end.
- Aqua Girl at the Raleigh Hotel: Although Aqua Girl takes place at various spots throughout South Beach, the Raleigh Hotel (1775 Collins Ave., Miami Beach) is the headquarters. The festivities began Wednesday and continue through Sunday. Events include speed dating, pool parties, dance parties, and karaoke. Prices for individual events range from free to $100.
- Ropa Vieja at Gramps: This vintage clothing market will take over the Wynwood bar on Saturday from 3 to 9 p.m. It will feature locals such as Lara Diamante Coppola, Lillian Banderas, Aba Jewels, the Heavy Petal, and more.
- Out Con at Miami Airport Convention Center: Out Con is South Florida's first gay-oriented comic convention. It's a place where queer fans of all things nerdy can enjoy a con without the fear of being judged.
- "Rock Saved My Life" at Andromeda Productions Studio: For this exhibition, 20 artists have customized vintage vinyl records, all inspired by music's most influential acts. The works come to the gallery from near and far — from artists based in Miami to as far away as Spain. Argentine artist Claudio Roncoli will also display his rock 'n' roll-themed screen-print posters. Saturday's opening night will also feature a DJ and free drinks courtesy of Nightshade Tequila.
- Fonseca at the Fillmore Miami Beach: The four-time Latin Grammy-winning singer/songwriter has exactly the laid-back style to make your Saturday evening nothing short of perfecto. His silky voice pours over rich instrumental compositions as varied and beautiful as the sunset, and his intimate vocal delivery will transform the Fillmore into a bedroom serenade.
- Second Saturday Art Walk at Wynwood Walk: With the mercury topping thermometers this time of year, most Wynwood galleries are reaching into their stable of talent with summer group offerings designed to move merch from their deep freeze and into your living room.
WavveFest at Churchill's Pub: Head to Churchill's for an evening of booze and beats for a good cause. The evening will benefit Ecuador in the wake of the devastating earthquake in April.
- Flamingosis at Coyo: Jam out to beats by performers Telescope Thieves and Jun-III during Coyo's Flamingosis. Doors open at 10 p.m.
- Mack Cycle Tri-Miami Triathlon/Duathlon and Caribbean Championship at Marine Stadium Marina: This weekend, the Mack Cycle Tri-Miami Triathlon/Duathlon and Caribbean Championship will take over the Rickenbacker Causeway. The bona fide athletes competing in the series' International Triathlon will swim a half-mile and bike 20 more before running a 10K.
- Trivia Night at Books & Books: The gathering in the shop's picturesque courtyard might look like an average evening of informative entertainment. But it's sure to attract a loyal community of lit lovers — and you know they're packing some serious weird knowledge inside their skulls. The good news is you don't have to win (or even compete respectably) to have a good time. All participants get 10 percent off their café bill (excluding booze and desserts), so at least you'll get a good deal on dinner in addition to a hard-core schooling.