Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow; what does that mean for Miami? Six more weeks of winter snowbirds dropping New York City money in our southern city economy.
Per usual, Cultist has rounded out a list of the ten best events going down 'round the Big Mango this weekend, showcasing a variety of really neat stuff for y'all spend that money on. From neo-folk music to modern dance, a meet-up for singles and women's collegiate basketball, the options are endless.
Check out our list below.
- Raffa and Rainer: Fancy a night of folk? Head over to Wood Tavern and catch Miami's quirkiest neo-folk duo perform songs that make us proud to call Miami home.
- Decadancetheatre: Think hip-hop dancing is what you see on rap videos? You're wrong.
- Beats After Sunset: Happy hour for the art lover.
- Singles Mingles: Need a date for Valentine's Day? Here's your chance to find one.
- Sherri Patterson: Mad Lyfe of an NBA Wife: Ever wish your husband played professional basketball? It's not always happily ever after.
- Bling & Sling: Roller derby girls like to party... With JELL-O Shots!
- Pure Imagination Live: Come with me, and you'll be in a (Sweat Records) world of pure imagination.
- Los 3 de la Habana: Cuban music en Hialeah. Eso no pasa en Cuba.
- UM Women's Basketball vs. Clemson Tigers: Ranked 13 in the nation, the UM women's basketball teams goes hard in the paint against ACC rivals Clemson.
- The Motherf**ker with the Hat: That' it, last chance to catch this killer play.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.