Mondays are even more oppressive in the summertime, when our thoughts turn to beach days, boat time and booze. Cubicles and fun in the sun are like Rick Scott and progressive politics -- morally opposed. Sigh.
But despite the arrival of our least favorite day of the week, we still have lots to look forward to. Ice cream and art walk, to name a few. That's worth celebrating.
- Free wine Mondays at Whole Foods Miami Beach: If you've got a case of the Mondays, wine is pretty much the perfect cure.
- Free yoga at Bayfront Park: Start the week with some zen-like behavior ... before you begin the downward slide into debauchery.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
- Scoops & Spoons at Gulfstream Park: Ice cream and summer are the quintessential couple -- and on Wednesdays, you can score some sweet treats for free, no screams required.
- First Friday at Miami Science Museum: Get August off to a scientific start by learning a thing or two about Mother Nature. She's a smart broad.
- First Friday Art Walk in Downtown Miami: Stroll the streets of our city's burgeoning downtown arts district and check out impressive pieces you'll probably never be able to afford.