If your weekend was anything like ours, you saw more Honey Boo Boos, sexy (fill in the blanks) and binders full of women than you'll ever forget -- even after a copious number of Halloween-themed jello shots. And it ain't over. Damn that Halloween coming mid-week; it requires at least three separate celebrations.
But perhaps you'll get a Halloween miracle, and your boss will grant you Thursday off. (Yeah, right.)
Even if you have to be in bed early on Wednesday night, there are plenty of lower-key (and free) diversions to keep you occupied all week. Enjoy.
- Flight screening at AMC Aventura: Denzel Washington plays a boozy pilot who successfully crash lands a plane. Perhaps that's oversimplifying it, but either way, who doesn't love a good Denzel drama?
- The Blue Angel and Darling screenings at the Tower Theater: Speakeasies, girls named Lola and old timey sex appeal never go out of style.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Halloween Night on Lincoln Road Mall: There are few spectacles more awe-inspiring than the utterly outrageous getups lining Lincoln Road. From sexy Big Bird to the Miami zombie, you'll see it all, and much, much more than you wanted to.
- Family Movie Night at Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Park: The polar opposite of the above event. Those in the family way (we feel for you) can enjoy a kid-friendly evening of Halloween fun.
- Social Influencers TC (Temporary Contemporary) Launch Party at the Bass Museum: Get a guided tour of the exhibition, a taste of Duvel beer and lots of intellectually stimulating mingling.
- The Great Gables Gallery Stroll: This "pedestrian adventure" will take you on an ambling excursion in and out of Gables' galleries down Ponce de Leon.