We've had a rough past few weeks. News reports are full of tragedy, violence, economic collapse and other altogether unpleasant business. It can be hard to break away from the bad sometimes, but we're hoping some good times out will do something to lighten your spirit. You deserve some fun, after all. And you deserve to get it for free.
With plenty of punk shows, hip-hop DJs, and stand-up comics to go around, this week should provide you with a well-deserved reprieve from the stress in your life. Read on for more on events that will help you relax, let go, and live a little.
- Excess: Craving some high-class hip-hop for your Monday night? Residents DJ Affect, E-Feezy and DJ 360 hold it down at Mansion, where you can get in for free before 1 a.m. if you sign up on the guest list.
- Night of Weirds: Weirdies and creepos from Laundry Room Squelchers, to Sharlyn Evertz, to Luma Junger come out for this Churchill's Pub tradition.
- Comedy Night: Forrest Shaw leads a pack of professional local comics at Elwoods Gastro Pub.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Mustache Ride Comedy Show: Still want to laugh it up? Great comics including Aristotle, Adrienne Airhart and Kristen Black entertain the folks at Lester's with their own brand of local comedy.
- Bombshell-ter: Resident DJs Mike Sike and Ms. Amandi along with the Canal St. Crew give you a reason to get yourself and a friend over to Abraxas Lounge.
- This and That: Good on the Frost Art Museum for keeping the weirdness going with "This and That: Unconventional Selections From the Permanent Collection."