The South Beach Wine & Food Festival is over. We're ten pounds heavier, severely hungover, and crazy depressed about going back to work.
But just think: It's only four weeks till Winter Music Conference.
In the meantime, there's plenty of stuff to keep you occupied for the coming week. And since you probably spent a small fortune this weekend, this stuff is all free.
- Free Mojitos: Free booze and shopping to boot? Sweet start to your week.
- Brickell Art Walk: Walk the streets of Miami's preppiest neighborhood and see how artists live.
- Shakers and Stirrers: Get your network on with a healthy buzz. Free nibbles, too.
- Free Jazz in the Gables: Listen to smooth tunes by Lenard Rutledge and grow cooler by musical osmosis.
- Race and Visual Culture Under National Socialism: Nazi branding bullshit. Let's learn the world's history so we can never, ever repeat it.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.