This week, Miami promises a number of music, movie, and art events that will keep you entertained and allow you to spend the night out without spending any money. From Miami Beach to Wynwood, South Florida gives you more than enough reasons to take some time off and unwind.
- St. Stephen's Art Show: This Coconut Grove art show helps fund outreach programs in Miami. Children under 12 get in free, but adults do have to pay a nominal entry fee of $2.
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind: Make your way to Miami Beach SoundScape Park for this Spielberg classic.
- Strut: This week's live music night at The Electric Pickle features Prince Digo of Electric Kif.
- Pink Disco: This new ladies' night at The Garret features music by WVUM DJ Uchi and free drinks for ladies until midnight.
- Green Parrot Ukelele Association: It's that time again! Sweat Records hosts the Miami chapter meeting for this uke group.
- Eclectic Electric: The Pickle puts on another great show this week with Abdecaf and DJ Benton.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.