Christmas is a week away, and odds are you're still scouring the internet at 3 a.m. for that perfect gift. But don't fret: These food-centric finds will wow everyone on your nice list. From hand-crafted chocolate ornaments to chef-inspired ugly sweaters, these local finds will suit the favorite foodie in your life.
1. Salt Bae ugly Christmas sweater. Want to win the brewery's ugly-sweater contest? You've got that bar tab in the bag when you show up in this $29.95 monstrosity. Yep, it's an embroidered image of Salt Bae — the guy who pissed off the entire Venezuelan exile community by boasting about hosting that country's president, Nicolás Maduro — doing his signature weird sprinkle thing on an unsuspecting gingerbread man. Century 21 at Sawgrass Mills, 12801 W. Sunrise Blvd., Sunrise; c21stores.com.
2. Aldi's cheese Advent calendars. Even though we're well into December, there's still time to enjoy an Advent calendar, especially one filled with imported cheeses. Dine on 24 mini-bites, including cheddar, Havarti, and Gouda, for $14. Pair it with one of Aldi's sensibly priced bottles of wine for the perfect foodie gift. Various locations; aldi.us.
3. Christmas Ale at
4. Garcia Nevett Chocolatier de Miami's edible ornaments. Your holidays just got an upgrade with Garcia Nevett's chocolate ornaments. Each bulb is hand-crafted with luxurious Venezuelan cocoa and filled with three spongy toffee truffles. Create a festive table with a dozen of these stunning confections or give a box to your favorite chocolate lover ($16.99). 7312 Red Rd., Miami; 305-749-0506; garcianevett.com.
5. Sephora x Museum of Ice Cream
6. Graziano's gift baskets. Craft a delectable gift basket at Graziano's in Coral Gables. Choose from an assortment of European meats, artisanal pastas, wines, and the not-to-be-missed dulce de leche. Customize a basket filled with your foodie's favorite things or grab a premade arrangement from one of its Miami locations. Prices range from $25 to $200. 2301 Galiano St., Coral Gables; 305-460-0001; grazianosgroup.com.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
7. Miracle in Miami merchandise. Take home a souvenir or share a piece of Miracle Miami with friends and family by snagging some adorable merchandise. The kitschy drinkware costs $14 apiece, including classic eggnog mugs and highball glasses decorated with Santa in his sleigh. Gramps, 176 NW 24th St., Miami; 305-699-2669; miraclepopup.com.
8. Miami Cocktail Company. Stuff those stockings with bottles of Miami Cocktail Company's craft wine cocktails. The ready-to-serve libations come in a variety of locally inspired flavors, such as blood orange mimosa and sunset sangria. Starting at $15 per bottle, these organic and non-GMO gems are a great local addition to any bar cart. You can find them at most Total Wine and Whole Foods locations. 2750 NW Third Ave., Miami; miamicocktail.com.