Halloween is only weeks away, and there's no better way to celebrate the spookiest holiday of the year than with a few
1. Bloody Mojito at Havana 1957. This blood-red mojito will no doubt get you in the Halloween mood. The Bloody Mojito ($13.95) consists of vibrant red rum muddled with fresh mint, sugar, and lime, topped with a syringe of fruity goodness. If rum is not your thing, opt for the Vampisol ($8.50), made with chilled beer, fresh lime juice, and Clamato juice. 405 Española Way, Miami Beach, 305-503-3828; havana1957.com.
2. Diablo Margarita at La Cerveceria de Barrio. This nefarious margarita is a mélange of both spicy and sweet flavors. Melting beneath two chili horns, the creamy strawberry purée melds with
3. Lollipop Brew at Sugar Factory. Nothing says Halloween like a smoking witch's brew brimming with candy. Indulge your inner child with this outrageous goblet filled with citrus vodka, coconut, melon syrup, pineapple juice, sour mix, gummy snakes, and gummy brains ($29; serves two). 1144 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach; 305-604-0323; sugarfactory.com.
4. Smashing Pumpkins at
5. Smoke & Fire at Boulud Sud Miami. Thee mixologists at Boulud Sud have concocted a spicy tipple of Vida mezcal, cayenne pepper, paprika, and citrus with a spiced
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
6. The Beetlejuice at Doc B's. The beet-forward libation containing CH Gin, all-organic beet juice, mint, and lemon is a stunning interpretation of the beloved Halloween film ($13). 301 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables; 786-864-1220; docbsfreshkitchen.com.
7. The Great Pumpkin at No. 3 Social. This drink hits all the right seasonal notes with a recipe of pumpkin purée, star anise, nutmeg syrup, bourbon, and peach bitters ($14). The chilled concoction provides the warmth of fall without the heat, the perfect compromise for Miami's perpetually warm nights. 50 NW 24th St., Miami; 305-748-4540; no3social.com.