The shortest month had a sizable impact on Miami's food scene.
Hialeah's first brewery, Unbranded, opened, and entertainment venue/eatery/bar Punch Bowl Social premiered in Wynwood.
Also in February, the Seven Dials, a beloved English gastropub, closed its doors, and Wynwood Marketplace shuttered (with intent to reopen).
On the horizon, the Doral Yard is expected to debut this spring.
- Dalia at the Celino South Beach Hotel. 640 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach; 305-685-2000; thecelinohotel.com.
- El Bagel. 6910 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-901-3102; elbagel.miami.
- The Guest Bar & Kitchen. 2995 NE 163rd St., North Miami; 786-657-2184; theguestmiami.com.
- Le Jardin Market. 3418 NW Seventh Ave., Miami
- Mr. Baguette. 2601 N. Miami Ave., Miami; 786-354-0000; mrbmiami.com.
- Mila. 800 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 786-706-0744; milarestaurant.com.
- Mesanori. 1721 Coral Way, Miami; 786-536-2039
- Moxie’s Grill & Bar. 900 S. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-549-8997; us.moxies.com.
- Politan Row Miami. 140 NE 39th St., Miami; 786-542-8977; miami.politanrow.com.
- Punch Bowl Social. 2660 NW Third Ave., Miami; punchbowlsocial.com.
- Riverside. 431 S. Miami Ave., Miami; riverside.miami.
- Unbranded Brewing Company. 1395 E. 11th Ave., Hialeah; 786-332-3097; unbrandedbrewing.com.
- Yuca 105. 1555 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 786-577-3500; yuca105.com.
- The Seven Dials
- Wynwood Marketplace (temporarily)
- Afishionado - Jeremy Ford to open seafood eatery
- Angelo Elia Pizza Bar - Opening at Aventura ParkSquare
- Bachour Bakery & Restaurant - Opening in Doral
- The Baked Bear - Coming to Wynwood and Sawgrass Mills
- Bebitos - Jason Odio to open a modern version of a Cuban cafe
- Biscayne Bay Brewing - Opening a second location, in downtown Miami
- Bonci - Roman-style pizza to open at Cube Wynwood
- Botanico Gin - Opening in CocoWalk
- Brasamasa - Opening in downtown Miami
- Bulla Gastrobar - Slated to open at the Falls
- Bunnie Cakes - Opening a location in downtown Doral
- The Cat's Meow Cafe - Cat café coming to MiMo
- Cote - Michelin-starred Korean steakhouse to open in Miami
- Champion Burger - New burger concept from the Coyo Taco people
- Chick-fil-A - Opening in downtown Miami
- Descarga Brewing Company - Opening in North Miami
- The Doral Yard - Della Heiman's community, food, and drink hub opening in Doral
- Esplanade at Aventura - New dining and shopping complex in Aventura with Jarana and more
- G.L.O.W. - Fro-yo shop that donates all proceeds to charity set to open in Wynwood
- Gramps 2 - Opening 2020
- Gramps by the Sea - Opening 2021
- Hiyakawa - Wabi Sabi chef to open restaurant in Wynwood
- Icebox Cafe - Opening in Aventura ParkSquare, the Falls, and Hallandale Beach
- Ironside Bakery - Fresh bread coming to Miami
- Joia Beach - Upscale alfresco dining and beach club on Watson Island
- Little Hen - Breakfast and high tea opening in Midtown Miami
- Lost City Brewing Company - Coming to North Miami
- The Loyal - New York brasserie coming to Miami
- Mr. & Mrs. Bun - Opening soon
- Mamey - Niven Patel to open an island-style concept.
- Marabú at Brickell City Centre - Opening in early 2020
- Margot - Bar Lab opening a wine bar in downtown Miami
- Marlins Park Beer Garden - The baseball stadium will get a beer garden
- Off Site - Steve Santana (Taquiza) and Adam Darnell (Boxelder) opening a nanobrewery in Little Haiti
- Orno - Niven Patel to open woodfired concept
- Osteria Morini - Opening at the Kimpton Hotel Palomar in spring 2020
- Planta - Opening a second Miami-area location, in Coconut Grove
- Red Rooster - Marcus Samuelsson opening outpost of his Harlem hit
- Sexy Fish - Opening in Brickell
- Sushi Garage - Opening in CocoWalk
- Sweetgreen - Healthy chain opening Miami locations
- True Food Kitchen - Health-driven restaurant and bar opening at the Falls in fall 2020
- Uchi - Texas sushi coming to Miami
- Whole Foods Market - Proposed megastore in Sunset Harbour and new Fort Lauderdale locations
- Yeasty Brews - New brewery celebrating the fermentation process
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.