There are still a few spots left for the early seating tonight at New Times' Best Restaurant in Little Havana (2012), Catharsis Restaurant & Lounge. It's an all-in-one kind of place, where you can eat, drink, and dance to your heart's content.
They will offer the opportunity to choose from three different menu options:
- Five-course meal with three hour open bar ($80 per person, plus tax and tip)
- Five course meal with open bar all night ($95 per person, plus tax and tip)
- A-la-carte menu at regular menu prices without added fees
Of course, as you'd expect from a place with such versatility that it's been featured on WDNA and Deco Drive, in addition to gourmet grub you'll also get hearty drinks and an impromptu dance floor. See? All-in-one.
Here's a look at the five-course menu:
- Ceviche or smoked mozzarella appetizer
- Choice of pasta: Pumpkin ravioli with sage butter sauce and crushed amaretti or lobster and ricotta ravioli with pink sauce and cognac
- Choice of fish: Seared grouper topped with white wine, butter, and clam juice or grilled shrimp, sautéed with spinach and garlic
- Choice of main course: Either filet mignon topped with mushrooms and a red wine reduction, served with potatoes au gratin, or three hour short ribs served with creamy polenta
- Pears in mascarpone cream for dessert
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
Enjoy live music by sultry songstress, Alma Rosa Castellanos during dinner, as well as plenty of danceable tunes afterwards as Miami welcomes 2013.
The second seating at 9:30 p.m. is sold out, but, according to co-owner Marcelo Malvicino, spots may open up -- call after 3 p.m. -- or eat early, then head out.
Reservations are required; call 305-479-2746. Space is available for the 7 p.m. seating. The 9:30 p.m. seating is sold out.