It's that time of year when we count down to New Times' Best of Miami
2012 issue in June. Until then, Short Order will serve up 100 of our
favorite dishes in the 305. If you have any nominations of your own,
please send them to [email protected].
40. Devil Dog Cake at Ice Box Cafe
Remember Devil Dogs? Little weiner-shaped Devil's Food cakes filled with cream filling? These individually-wrapped little cakes were a favorite lunchbox treat while we were growing up. Ice Box has updated our favorite treat with the Devil Dog cake ($6). Three layers of Devil's food cake interspersed with layers of cream filling, topped with chocolate ganache and whipped cream. While this cake may be a little more sophisticated than the lunchbox variety, there's one thing they have in common -- both pair perfectly with an ice cold glass of milk!
43. Ackee Empanadas at Vegetarian Restaurant by Hakin
44. Seafood Orgy at CVI.CHE 105
45. Rio Acai Bowl at Apple A Day
46. Aji Amarillo Ceviche at My Ceviche
47. Lunch Boat Special at Benihana
48. Victoria Station at The News Lounge