Every day is fight day in Miami-Dade schools, and no one is forking over $100 to watch them on pay-per-view. According to data obtained by Local 10, the top eight of the ten Florida schools with the most reported fights during the 2013-14 school year were all right here in Miami-Dade public schools.
Cutler Bay Middle School, with 1,175 students, had the most fights in the entire state with 188 reported incidents. To put that into perspective, there are 180 days of school during the year. So we're talking about an average of more than one fight per day.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Here are the top eight:
- Cutler Bay Middle School, Cutler Bay - 188 fights
- Mandarin Lakes K-8 Academy, Homestead - 137 fights
- North Dade Middle School, Miami Gardens - 132 fights
- Toussaint L'Ouverture Elementary School, Little Haiti - 127 fights
- Brownsville Middle School, Brownsville - 127 fights
- Jose de Diego Middle School, Wynwood - 123 fights
- Miami Southridge Senior High School, South Miami Heights - 123 fights
- South Dade Senior High School, Homestead - 119 fights
That's a big change from 2012-13, when Miami-Dade didn't dominate the list quite as much. No Miami-Dade schools made the top five back then, and only three made the top ten.