Sherry Marks, the 19-year-old driver whose Ford Mustang struck and killed Miami firefighter Leslie Luma two weeks ago, admitted she had taken drugs at the time of the crash. Marks admitted to taking Xanax and Lexapro, which she may have been prescribed, but she was also high on nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas or, when inhaled from a whipped cream canister, whippets.
Police found Cream Whippers as well as several cylinders of the drug. Marks admitted to taking the drug at her boyfriend's house just 20 minutes before the crash.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
- The number of students who OD'd while trying to get high off of a cough suppressant at Hialeah Middle School has been upped to 12, and WSVN has video of the teens being taken away in gurneys and wheelchairs. [WSVN]
- Adding to its already long list of money problems Jackson Memorial is now under investigation by the SEC [WSVN]
- Police have identified a body found floating off Biscayne Bay as that of 45-year-old Ernesto Puentes. [CBS4]
- The three bodies of a family found dead inside a house last week have also been identified. [CBS4]
- Police are searching for two armed robbers who hit up a convenience store and shot the clerk twice in South-West Miami-Dade. [WSVN]
- The police chief and assistant police chief of North Miami are set to resign in the wake of budget cuts. [CBS4]