- Feds yesterday arrested 30 people in three cities, including Miami, for Medicare fraud. Dr. Fred Dweck, 14 of his patients, and one unlucky guy who was photographed being handcuffed, man-tits and all, were among those arrested in Miami. [MLive | Herald]
- A thief is targeting churches and synagogues in Miami Beach and stealing audio equipment. [Herald]
- Thieves broke into a car lot and stole seven fancy cars, including three BMWs, two Range Rovers, a Mercedes-Benz, and an Audi. [WSVN]
- Using a breakthrough treatment, doctors from the University of Miami and Walter Reed saved the life of an airman wounded in Afghanistan. The patient stayed in D.C. while his pancreas was shipped to Miami. [LATimes]
- A drug deal gone bad led to a shooting that left one dead and two injured in Hialeah. [CBS4]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- The U was ESPN's highest-rated documentary of all time. Here's an interview with producer Alfred Spellman in which he talks about the film and the future of his company, Rakontur. Bonus: the phrase "black Bart Simpson" and a great picture of Sebastian the Ibis. [SlashFilm]