- Who Dat? Nobody! And two former Hurricanes played a big part in the New Orleans Saints Super Bowl win last night. [Herald]
- Miami Dolphins defensive tackle Tony McDaniel was arrested on charges of domestic battery after getting into a fight with his girlfriend and was released on $3,500 bond on Sunday. He told police that his girlfriend attacked him. [LATimes]
- Former-Hurricane Warren Sapp was also arrested over the weekend in Miami Beach for Domestic Battery, after his girlfriend said they got into a fight over men who had called her on her cellphone. [NYTimes]
- The Dolphins are offering the public the chance to take a walk on the Super Bowl field in exchange for donations to Haiti. [PBPost]
- Hurricanes basketball continued their losing ways in the ACC,and dropped another game to FSU 71-65. [Herald]
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.