- It's Election Day! All over again! Voters in Districts 1 and 5 will head to the polls to replace Angel Gonzalez and maybe Michelle Spence-Jones. [CBS4]
- Former Mayor Manny Diaz is headed to Harvard to be a resident fellow at the JFK School of Government. Guess this means his name is completely out of the CFO pot. [NakedPolitics]
- If eBay has taught us anything, it's that you can sell all kinds of junk online. So Miami-Dade County has launched an auction site for foreclosed properties. [Herald]
- Despite still trailing in most polls, Democratic gubernatorial candidate Alex Sink outraised her main Republican rival for the year. [Herald]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- The Miami Heat got blown out by the Utah Jazz 118-89. [Herald]
- The Miami Dolphins fired defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni. Former University of Virginia coach Al Groh is apparently the hottest name in the mix to replace him. Let's not forget, though, this is the guy who shut out the Hurricanes in their final game in the Orange Bowl. [ESPN]
- The Hurricanes, meanwhile, have lost a few star recruits, but analysts at Scout.com say the Canes are doing just fine in the overall quality of their recruiting class and there's no need to panic. [ESPN]