- Miami-Dade budget cuts might lead to the end of DARE, the student drug abuse prevention program that also makes highly prized ironic T-shirts. [CBS4]
- Meanwhile, Coral Gables is mulling over the idea of cutting police salaries, and cops are none to happy about it. [CBS4]
- Police are on the lookout for a man who robbed parishioners at gunpoint in a Liberty City church. [CBS4]
- Yesterday, the Miami Dolphins sent eight players packing, including Ernest Wilford. [Herald]
- The UM offensive coordinator talks about the upcoming season and says sometimes he can be a good daddy, a very good daddy, and sometimes he can be a bad daddy, a very bad daddy. [ESPN]
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.