- Donte' Stallworth got out of jail six days early. He was serving a 30-day sentence for driving a Bentley after downing four tequila shots and ending someone's life. Which is worth only 24 days in prison now. [AP]
- Pitbull was found not guilty on drunk driving charges. Remember, kids, don't drink and drive, unless you're famous. [SunSent]
- A second victim in the Overtown birthday party shootings has died. [NBCMiami]
- Police are searching for a killer who shot a woman in front of her child. [SunSent]
- A thief stole a Hialeah Police cruiser full of weapons and riot gear. [CBS4]
- The Miami-Dade Police Department has had to pay $73,000 in overtime because of the cat killer case. Ridiculous. [Herald]
- Is Halle Berry moving to Miami? I don't know -- is she? [E!]
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.