Now that we have our first pick locked down, we can sit back, relax and analyze what we got in our man Jake Long. Never has game film for an offensive-lineman made me so excited. That's right. Excited. Boner city? Well, no, not quite. But excited nonetheless.
Oh, and a prediction before we move on: Armando Salguero is going to totally rain on everybody's parade and shit on this pick. You heard it here first.
* Meet Jake Long.
* Todd McShay breaks down Jake Long and calls him bigger stronger and more physical than Joe Thomas was last year. And says he'll be a Pro Bowler for years to come.
* John Clayton says the pick makes sense.
* Mel Kiper chimes in. "The Jumbo Elliot comparisons are real."
* Jeff Ireland says Jake was their guy from the beginning.
* Long's Combine highlights.
* Jake Long is happy to be here. "I'm a very nice guy off the field. But when I buckle on that helmet, I... I change." Shit yea. We just drafted Bruce Banner. Total badassery right there. Badassery of the highest order. Welcome aboard, Big Jake! -- Chris Joseph
For more on sports from Chris Joseph go to Finsnation.com.
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.