Here's the rundown on the city's plans:
- Ocean Drive will be closed to cars from 7 a.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Tuesday.
- Collins and Washington avenues will function as a traffic loop from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Friday through Monday, with Collins handling northbound traffic and Washington serving southbound traffic. No street parking will be available from Fifth Street to Lincoln Road.
- Many areas will be closed except to residents, and they may be asked to show ID proving their Miami Beach residence; those areas include residential neighborhoods and parts of Alton Road.
- Barricades will be set up to keep visitors out of residential areas.
- The Venetian Causeway will be open only to residents.
- License plate scanners will be set up on the off-ramps of the Julia Tuttle and MacArthur causeways.
- DUI checkpoints will be set up on the causeways from 7 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Saturday. DUI saturation patrols will also be in full effect throughout the weekend.