Forever has been put on hiatus for the rest of the day.
The newly opened mega-Forever 21 on Lincoln Road in South Beach caught fire this morning, causing parts of the popular pedestrian mall to be evacuated. The store will remain closed for the rest of the day.
According to NBC Miami, a passerby noticed smoke coming from the roof of the discount clothing store before 9 a.m. and called 911. Fire rescue arrived four minutes later and put out the flame. The store and the surrounding area were evacuated.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
Turns out that a welder working on top of the store had some sort of mishap that lead to the flames.
While Lincoln Road has reopened, the store is closed for at least the rest of the day. So, girls, sorry, if you're looking for a $12.99 dress to rock at the club tonight you're going to have to try the H&M down the street, or, you know, one of the other Forever 21s in town.