A Super Bowl in our city gives celebrities a nice excuse to jet down and spend a weekend of partying in warm and sunny South Florida. All the top one-word celeb couples came down: Brangelina, TomKat, and KarBushian. Plus some new ones might have been created. Who's ready for CamRod? How about Taylary Lautswank?
- Despite rumors last month that they were breaking up, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie attended the Super Bowl together with their son Maddox, rooting for the Saints of their adopted hometown New Orleans. The two looked seriously happy together, engaging in some PDA. [MarieClaireUK]
- Have you ever noticed that whenever Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise are in the same place at the same time, they're never seen together? It's because they're the same person. Actually, it's probably because the two have hated each other since Interview With a Vampire (it was like the Twilight of the early '90s; ask your parents about it, kids). So they didn't cross paths despite the fact that Cruise was in town with Katie Holmes, their daughter Suri, and his son Conner from his marriage to Nicole Kidman. [JustJared]
- Cruise did pose for a picture with Alex Rodriguez and Cameron Diaz, which sent tongues wagging that the latter two were flirting. Lesley Abravanel says it's so not true, but that hasn't stopped other gossips from running with the romance rumors. Apparently they were "grinding" on each other. [E!]
- Rumors that Reggie Bush would propose to Kim Kardashian on the field if the Saints won weren't true, but Kardashian sure looked happy for a girl whose man still hasn't put a ring on it. [DailyMail]
- Uh, Twilight costars Taylor Lautner and Kellan Lutz (they are the future Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise, obviously) got in a little tiff while vying for the attention of -- wait a second; let me make sure I have this correct, OK -- Hilary Swank. Apparently Lautner wanted to meet Swank, but she had no idea who he was because she is not a tween or a gay man. Her publicist decided to drag Lutz into the shot, and Lautner was so pissed. Imagine what would happen if those two were in the room with Meryl Streep. [NYDN]
- Still no official word on whether season two of Jersey Shore will be shot in South Beach, but various castmates were Miami checking out their potential new home. [OK!]
- Snooki, of course, was in town with her new boyfriend (!!!) and found a dead animal on the roof of her hotel. [Twitter | Twitter]
- Jared the Subway guy traded in his $5 Footlong for dinner at Prime 112. [SceneInTheTropics]
- Jessica Simpson's dad, Joe, crashed the Super Bowl party of his ex-son-in-law, Nick Lachey. Wait, someone will still pay Nick Lachey to host a party? [OK!]
Keep Miami New Times Free... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Miami with no paywalls.