If you're old enough to remember vinyl LPs, then you know that album design used to be an art unto itself. Who doesn't fondly remember rolling a fatty across the face of iconic sleeves such as the Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band or Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon?
But today, with digital downloads dominating the market, even people like Peter Saville, who designed legendary cover art for the likes of Joy Division and New Order, have suggested the album cover is dead in the new millennium.
That said, there are plenty of electro, house, and techno artists putting out awesome artwork. And with Basel week upon us, we present Crossfade's ten raddest electronic music album covers of the internet era.
1. Thomas Schumacher's You Got Me
2. Anja Schneider's Beyond The Valley
3. Booka Shade's The Sun & The Neon Light
4. The Chemical Brother's We Are The Night
5. Daft Punk's Alive
6. Modeselektor's Hello Mom!
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
7. Hercules & Love Affair's Hercules & Love Affair
8. Cut Copy's Bright Like Neon Love
9. Vitalic's OK Cowboy
10. Martin Eyerer's Word of Mouth