10. NYE 2016 with Pamela Anderson. Music by DJs Breezy, Mikey Rawk, Avistra, and Paul E. Thursday, December 31, 9 p.m. Fifty at the Viceroy Hotel, 485 Brickell Ave., Miami; 305-503-4417; viceroymiami.com. General-admission tickets cost $100 plus fees via wantickets.com, and include open bar from 9 p.m. to midnight and a Champagne toast; VIP packages are also available. Proceeds benefit the Pamela Anderson Foundation. Ages 21 and up.
No, you won't find Pamela Anderson spinnin' tracks behind the DJ booth this NYE (even though that would be an interesting sight). But the former Baywatch bombshell will be ringing in 2016 50 stories above the Magic City streets at Fifty at the Viceroy Hotel. This won't be your typical end-of-year rager, though — the Playboy cover girl will also be celebrating the launch of the nudie mag's final nude issue. Here's to the end of an era.
9. El Tropicana de Cuba. Thursday to Saturday, December 31 to January 2, 8 p.m. El Tucán, 1111 SW 1st Ave., Miami; 305-535-0065; eltucanmiami.com. Tickets for December 31 cost $90 plus fees via ticketleap.com, and include a glass of champagne. Tickets for January 1 and 2 cost $45 plus fees via ticketleap.com. Dinner packages are also available.
After more than three decades, the dancers of Cuba's most famous (and oldest) nightclub — el Tropicana de Cuba — are putting on their first stateside performance. And of course, it's all happening in the 305. Take a look into the island's past and experience el verdadero ritmo Cubano this New Year's Eve at El Tucán. ¡Feliz año nuevo, Miami!
8. New Year's Eve with Jamie Jones. Thursday, December 31, 10 p.m. Story Nightclub, 136 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-538-2424; storymiami.com. General-admission tickets for entry before midnight cost $90 plus fees via flavorus.com; VIP packages are also available. Ages 21 and up.
Underground house beats from Hot Creations label boss Jamie Jones and the flashy excess of Story Miami Beach — that, friends, is the recipe for a perfect New Year's Eve bash in the Magic City. So rage the night away with some proper dance music — not just that mindless uhntz-uhntz — and give 2015 the farewell it deserves.
7. New Year's Eve with Steve Aoki. Thursday, December 31, 9 p.m. LIV, 4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-674-4680; livnightclub.com. General admission tickets cost $400 plus fees via flavorus.com, and include premium open bar from 9 p.m. to midnight; VIP packages are also available. Ages 21 and up.
Forget Champagne — get caked this New Year's Eve! Of course, there'll be plenty of bubbly — three hours of premium open bar, to be exact — but you'll be partying with Steve Aoki here. That means once the clock strikes 12, the Grammy-nominated DJ won't be toasting to the new year — he'll be chucking cake at the collective faces of LIV. Happy New Year!
6. NYE 2016 with Erick Morillo. Thursday, December 31, 10 p.m. Space, 34 NE 11th St., Miami; 305-375-0001; clubspace.com. Early-bird tickets for entry before midnight cost $50 plus fees via wantickets.com, and include open bar; VIP packages are also available. Ages 21 and up.
No one knows how to party like Erick Morillo. El colombiano — and Space veteran — will be taking over one of Miami's longest-running nightclubs on the Magic City's wildest night of the year, and this will definitely be a night you'll (vaguely) remember.
5. NYE 2016 with Questlove, Jus Ske, and Mateo Difontaine. At Basement with Chelsea Leyland and DJ Mateo at Basement Bowl. Thursday, December 31, 10 p.m. Basement Miami, 2901 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 786-257-4548; basementmiami.com. General-admission tickets cost $300 plus fees via basementmiaminewyears.com, and include three-hour open bar from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.; VIP packages are also available. Ages 21 and up.
Questlove may be from Philly, but homeboy's got nothing but love for Miami (just check out what he had to say about the 305 on Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown Miami). His love for our city runs so deep, he's ringing in 2016 smack in the heart of South Beach at Basement Miami. Joined by Jus Ske and Mateo Difontaine, you'll be dancing and bowling your way to the New Year.
4. Hot Chip. DJ set with Aramis Lorie and Santiago Caballero. Presented by Poplife. Thursday, December 31, 10 p.m. Bardot, 3456 N. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-576-7750; bardotmiami.com. General-admission tickets cost $100 plus fees via ticketfly.com, and include open well bar from 10 p.m. to midnight and hors d'oeuvres provided by Gigi. Ages 21 and up.
There's no better time to go "Dancing in the Dark" than on New Year's Eve. So head on over to Bardot and spend the last night of 2015 twerkin' it up on the dance floor with Hot Chip. With all that foot and booty action (and a two-hour open bar), you'll have no problem finding that special someone to kiss when the clock strikes 12.
3. NYE with Drake. And DJ Irie. Thursday, December 31, 9 p.m. E11even Miami, 29 NE 11th St., Miami; 305-305-6611; 11miami.com. Tickets cost $400 plus fees via 11miami.com, and include passed hors d’oeuvres and open bar from 9 to 11 p.m., plus a Champagne toast at midnight. Ages 21 and up.
How exactly does one close off the biggest, most successful year of his career? Surrounded by ladies and Champagne at Miami's only 24/7 nightclub, of course. Live it up and brace yourself for a night of awkward "Hotline Bling"-inspired dance moves with Drake as Drizzy takes over E11even Miami for NYE.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Miami New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Miami's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
2. Norwegian Worldwide Food & Wine Party Brought to You by Greater Miami CVB. With Pitbull. Wednesday and Thursday, December 30 and 31, 4 p.m. Bayfront Park, 301 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-358-7550; bayfrontparkmiami.com. General-admission tickets cost $99 plus fees, and VIP tickets cost $500 plus fees via ticketfly.com. Ticket holders enjoy early access to the amphitheater on December 31 until 6:30 p.m., prior to commencement of the televised celebrations and the venue becoming open to the public. Access is first-come, first-served. Visit worldwidefoodandwine.com.
Pitbull just wants to have some "Fun" this New Year's Eve, bro. But as Mr. Worldwide, he's keeping it classy as host of his own New Year's Eve Revolution countdown. Televised nationally on Fox, dat chico Pit will be showing los estados unidos the beautiful mamis of the 305, bragging about his hometown pride, and yelling ¡dale! at the top of his lungs the whole time. But of course, there will be plenty of música — from Diddy, Prince Royce, Earth, Wind & Fire, and other cantantes. The event is free and open to the public, but those who attend the Norwegian Worldwide Food & Wine Party — which will place New Times as the party and entertainment curators — will get to pick the best seats in the house. ¡Daleeeee!
1. The Weeknd & Kygo. Thursday, December 31, 9 p.m. Fontainebleau Miami Beach, 4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-538-2000; fontainebleau.com. General-admission tickets cost $325 plus fees via flavorus.com and include premium open bar from 9 p.m. to midnight; VIP packages are also available. Ages 21 and up.
The Weeknd may have just finished putting on his debut headlining show at the American Airlines Arena, but Abel Tesfaye can't seem to get enough of the Magic City. That's why he's ringing in 2016 poolside at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach (for the second year in a row) with superstar DJ Kygo. So party until you "Can't Feel [Your] Face" and close off 2015 at one of Miami's most historic venues.