The Fourth of July falls on a Monday this year, which means you'll have an extra long three-day weekend to get your party on. But this is good
10. Erick Morillo Independence Day Weekend. 11 p.m. Saturday, July 2, at Club Space, 34 NE 11th St., Miami; 305-375-0001; clubspace.com. Tickets cost $23 plus fees at wantickets.com.
Space legend Erick Morillo will be in Miami for the fourth of July weekend. The platinum-selling DJ has been spinning at Space since its inception nearly 16 years ago. Patrick M will open for a night of partying that's sure to turn into a morning of partying.
9. 4th of July Weekend at Hyde Beach. 11 a.m. Saturday and Sunday, July 2 and 3, at Hyde Beach, 1701 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-674-1701; sbe.com/exclusives/4th-of-july-weekend-at-hyde-beach. Tickets cost $30 plus fees via tixr.com.
Saturday and Sunday are all-day and all-night parties at Miami Beach's pool party mecca, Hyde Beach. Saturday sees a headlining gig by San Francisco-based DJ Max Vangeli, and Sunday will serve as an album release party for Sharam's second album, Retroactive.
8. America's Birthday Bash. 9 p.m. Monday, July 4, at Bayfront Park, 301 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-358-7550; bayfrontparkmiami.com. Admission is free.
Bayfront Park will be open all day for those wishing to celebrate the red, white, and blue, with what is billed as "South Florida's best fireworks show" going off at 9 p.m. The celebration begins at 9 a.m. with a free yoga class at Tina Hills Pavilion. Then, you can get all those toxins back into your body when the Budweiser Beer Garden opens at noon. There will also be a free kids' zone for the little ones open from 3 to 7 p.m.
7. Sh!tshow Cool-Aid. 11 p.m. Friday, July 1, at Story, 136 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-479-4426; storymiami.com. Tickets cost $30 plus fees via flavorus.com.
6. July 4th Day Party with 103.5 the Beat. 4 p.m. Monday, July 4, at Brick House Miami, 187 NW 28th St., Miami; 786-467-1205; facebook.com/BrickHouseMIA. Tickets cost $10 plus fees via eventbrite.com.
The Miami hip-hop radio station 103.5 the Beat (WMIB-FM) presents and curates the music for this 4 p.m. to midnight party in Wynwood. If you've tuned into 103.5 at all in the last week, you've no doubt heard them promoting this party into oblivion, with many of their on-air personalities expected to attend. You can also test out Brick House's new food menu featuring crab mac 'n' cheese and chili cheese falafel sliders. God bless this country.
5. Clevelander July 4th. 7 p.m. Monday, July 4, at Clevelander, 1020 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach; 305-532-4006; clevelander.com; Tickets cost $25-$100 plus fees via wantickets.com.
The Ocean Drive landmark hotel has two tiers for the South Beach fireworks viewing. The sixth floor at C-Level has general admission tickets for $25, but high rollers can be treated to an open bar on the fourth floor at SP4 for $100.
4. Rootsy Juicy Reggae. 9 p.m. Monday, July 4, at Purdy Lounge, 1811 Purdy Ave., Miami Beach; 305-531-4622; purdylounge.com. Admission is free.
Rootsy Juicy Reggae never takes a Monday night off – not even on America's finest holiday. Jean P. Jams plays the marimba and DJ iCue mixes tracks all night in the back room. There will be an $8 drink special that nets you a bottle of Red Stripe and a shot of Sailor Jerry.
3. Quintron & Miss Pussycat Celebrate America. 7 p.m. Monday, July 4, at Gramps, 176 NW 24th St., Miami; 305-699-2669; gramps.com. Admission is free.
Wynwood's beloved Gramps invites you to celebrate America with Quintron & Miss Pussycat. For free, you can see the New Orleans husband-and-wife performers play with the oddest of instruments and puppets. Also, Gramps' Facebook page advises you to "Arrive early for the launch of our new pizza place." So, be punctual or be pizza-less.
2. IndepenDANCE July 4th Beach Party. 12 p.m. Monday, July 4, at Nikki Beach, 1 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach; 305-538-1111; nikkibeach.com. Tickets cost $20 plus fees via wantickets.com.
Nikki Beach's July 4th IndepenDANCE beach party makes its triumphant return for yet another year. From noon to 5 a.m. Nikki Beach will celebrate, taking only a brief break to ooh and ahh at the fireworks display before returning to the sandy dance floor.
1. BBQ & Chill with Zach Deputy. 3 p.m. Sunday, July 3, at the Wynwood Yard, 56 NW 29th St., Miami; 305-447-8678; thewynwoodyard.com; Free admission.
On the third of July, you can still celebrate patriotism with BBQ & Chill: Zach Deputy at the Yard. Savannah, Georgia, resident Zach Deputy is a unique one-man band. Using a looping pedal to layer his chord progressions, Deputy