Music News

Lil Wayne Suffers Another Seizure, Rushed to Hospital: "I'm an Epileptic, Man"

Lil Wayne is still alive.

Last month, reports of Weezy's imminent death started flying 'round the internet after TMZ inaccurately announced that a sizzurp-binge week's worth of seizures had left the rapper "on life support, awaiting last rites."

Turned out, Wayne survived. He finished a new album. He even announced a new tour. But last night, Wayne had another attack. And he was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Hospital. Again.

See also:

-Lil Wayne Reportedly Dying, on Life Support, Awaiting Last Rites

-Lil Wayne Not Dead, Released From Hospital

-Lil Wayne Comments on Not Dying: "I'm Feeling a Lot Better"

According to TMZ, Lil Wayne was taken to the Los Angeles hospital by his bodyguards after a seizure. He was treated and then discharged.

Following Weezy's earlier attacks, it was widely assumed the "cause of Carter's seizures," as we here at Crossfade wrote, "is an alleged sizzurp binge."

But speaking with L.A.'s Power 106, Wayne insisted it's just a medical condition.

"I'm an epileptic. I'm prone to seizures," he says. "This isn't my first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh seizure. I've had a bunch of seizures. Y'all just never hear about 'em.

"This time, it got real bad because I had three in a row. And with the third one, my heart rate went down to 30 percent. I could've died.

"The reason for the seizures is just stress, no rest, overworking myself."

Follow Crossfade on Facebook and Twitter @Crossfade_SFL.

KEEP MIAMI NEW TIMES FREE... Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we'd like to keep it that way. With local media under siege, it's more important than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" program, allowing us to keep offering readers access to our incisive coverage of local news, food and culture with no paywalls.
S. Pajot