That plume of smoke you see rising by the Shark Valley entrance to Everglades National Park is likely emanating from the Pit's wood cabin. What's on the grill are juicy ribs or chicken or even frogs' legs. The double pork sandwich, with perhaps the best pit-cooked pulled pork to be had south of the Carolinas, is topped with sweet, crunchy slaw. Sides, such as tangy baked beans and lightly floured real onion rings, are great too. Wash it all down with imported Beck's beer. The eclectic redneck-to-reggae jukebox is big fun too.
- Price: $$
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 11 a.m.-8 p.m.; 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Beer/Wine
- Reservations: Not Accepted, Not necessary
- Parking: Lot available, Valet
- Extra Services: Catering, Private Group Dining
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Drive-thru pickup