You can find better Chinese food elsewhere, but Sango is unparalleled when it comes to serving up big portions of authentic, affordable, and delicious Jamaican cuisine. A rotating daily menu ensures fresh meals, but it also means you'll have to consult the calendar when choosing which day to visit. Wednesday is jerk day, with succulent chunks of spicy pork; it's also the day that Jamaica's popular pepper-pot soup gets ladled. Also recommended: ackee and codfish, and curried goat. Primarily a take-out operation, Sango also has a small area with tables and chairs for onsite dining. Not much ambiance, mind you, and the closest thing to alcohol is imported ginger beer, but the nonstop procession of people coming in, placing orders, waiting, and then leaving with very large paper bags filled with very good food makes for pleasurable people-watching.
- Price: $
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 11:30 a.m.-8:30 p.m.; Friday 11 a.m.-9 p.m.; Saturday 11:30 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Alcohol: Beer/Wine, No Alcohol
- Reservations: Not Accepted, Not necessary
- Parking: Free, Lot available, On-street
- Extra Services: Catering
- Order/delivery via DoorDash
- Order/delivery via Other
- Order/delivery via Postmates
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats