This massive restaurant on NW Second Avenue is part art gallery, part restaurant, part entertainment venue. Partners Rocco Carulli and Owen Bale have made this space their own and over the course of a half-dozen years made R House an integral part of Wynwood. The industrial-chic environs serve as a backdrop for the rotating art on the walls and the colorful Latin/Miami-inspired dishes. Carulli, who’s of Italian descent, doesn’t try to compete with Abuela’s cooking. Instead, he takes traditional dishes and makes them his own — by braising coffee-rubbed short rib until it’s as tender as a daisy petal for ropa vieja, for instance. In the spirit of inclusivity, R House offers a number of vegan-friendly dishes, so everyone can have a seat at the table. Weekends bring lively drag brunches that attract an eclectic mix of brides-to-be, couples, and groups of friends.
- Price: $$
- Hours: Wednesday & Thursday 4-10 p.m.; Friday 4 p.m.-12 a.m.; Saturday 11:30 a.m.-12 a.m.; Sunday 11:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: On-street, Valet
- Curbside pickup
- Use restaurant website to order/pay