It's no surprise that many of South America's chefs are planting extravagant flags on Miami's sun-soaked shores. What is surprising, however, is the velocity with which they're doing it. The latest to join is Quinto La Huella, whose sister restaurant, Parador La Huella, is situated in a tiny Uruguayan beach town. Expect a dressed-up affair at the Miami spot, located in Brickell City Centre, despite the simplicity of the meat and wine-filled parrilla. Here, you'll find the office crowd in well-tailored suits dining on whole red snapper, crisp pizzas, and plenty of grass-fed beef raised on Uruguay's rolling hills. When you arrive, ask for a seat in what they call the grill room. Here is the heart of the restaurant, where a blazing fire falls into the glowing orange coals that are used to prepare nearly every item on the menu.
- Price: $$$$
- Hours: Sunday 12-3 p.m, 6-10 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 12-3 p.m., 6-11 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: On-street, Valet
- Extra Services: Banquet Facilities, Private Group Dining
- Call restaurant to order/pay