Honduran cuisine is far from sophisticated, but the homey renditions at this cafe/market are a strong reminder that sometimes the simplest eating is the most satisfying. Numerous generically Latin American items — like the ever-present churrasco — are available, but much of the menu is a Honduras Greatest Hits list for curious foodies. Must-haves include baleadas, thick homemade flour tortillas filled with full-flavor refried beans plus two cheeses and topped with a healthy heap of shredded cabbage salad and fresh chimol salsa; and sopa de caracol, a coconut milk-enriched seafood soup packed with shrimp, conch, fish, and shell-on crab.
- Price: $
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 7 a.m.-10:30 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 7 a.m.-1 a.m.; Sunday 7 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Alcohol: Beer/Wine
- Reservations: Not necessary, Reservations Accepted
- Parking: Free, On-street
- Extra Services: Catering, Private Group Dining
- Order/delivery via Postmates
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats