On a segment of WLRN's radio show Restaurant Roundabout, food writer Jen Karetnick mentioned that Michael Schwartz's restaurant Fi'lia was so hot you could actually see the reservations flying away on OpenTable. Though that sounds like an exaggeration, it's quite true. On a recent Saturday evening, the restaurant, located at the newly minted SLS Brickell, was abuzz with patrons. Not a seat in the dining room or at the bar was available. It seems everyone in Miami was there to try the James Beard Award-winning chef's take on Italian. Though the menu contains no real surprises, Schwartz's attention to detail makes Fi'lia a must. Look out for a hearty rigatoni Bolognese and bucatini with Calabrian chili flake breadcrumbs.
- Price: $$, $$$
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 7 a.m.-10 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 7 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Reservations: Recommended
- Extra Services: Banquet Facilities, Catering, Private Group Dining
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Curbside pickup