At El Rey de las Fritas on Calle Ocho, the Cuban hamburger is king. Known as the frita cubana, the burger pairs a spicy beef patty with shoestring potatoes, onions, and ketchup, stuffed inside a Cuban-style bun. El Rey, a locally owned restaurant chain that has expanded with several locations across Miami since its debut in 1982, serves fritas with a kick. In the frita dulce, fried, blistered chunks of sweet plantain crown beef, in addition to papas fritas, onions, and ketchup. In the B.S. frita, the hamburger gets two more additions: slabs of crisp bacon and gooey Swiss cheese. Pair any of those with the shop's batidos, and call it a meal.
- Price: $
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 8 a.m.-10 p.m.; Sunday 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Alcohol: No Alcohol
- Reservations: Not Accepted
- Parking: Lot available, On-street
- Order/delivery via DoorDash
- Order/delivery via Postmates
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats