Deli Lane isn't a pastrami-and-corned-beef deli; it's more of a pressed-duck-sandwich-and-tuna-salad-wrap kind of place. At this South Miami institution, crowds of regulars have filled the outdoor seats for brunch since 1988. Service is sometimes slow, but the healthful and affordable fare makes the wait worthwhile. The Swiss apple melt sandwich (by request) brings together seductive layers of warm, cinnamon-covered apple slices, thick-cut bacon, and melted cheese on raisin pumpernickel bread. Pulling the leaves off a stuffed whole artichoke is awkward, but patience and perseverance are rewarded when your teeth scrape off the warm, buttery goodness from within.
- Price: $$
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 7 a.m.-10 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 7 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Not Accepted
- Parking: Garage available, Metered, On-street, Valet
- Extra Services: Catering, Private Group Dining
- Order/delivery via DoorDash
- Order/delivery via Postmates
- Restaurant does its own delivery