Since it opened in 1987, this "Little House of Texas" has not stopped serving heaping portions of Tex-Mex fare. Starters include the Americanized pleasers you might expect at Señor Frog's but here are prepared with more aplomb — and more chilies. A fiesta sampler of a quesadilla, flauta, tamal, and taco with beans, guacamole, sour cream, cheese dip, lettuce, and tomato is large enough to be shared. What separates Casita Tejas from the pack is its superior seafood dishes. Two other classics done right are steak fajitas, which arrive properly sizzling, and chicken mole, which possesses just the right touch of chocolate to act as a velvet glove against the fiery fingers of smoked chilies.
- Price: $$
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 11 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Reservations: Reservations Accepted
- Parking: Lot available
- Extra Services: Catering, Private Group Dining
- Order/delivery via Postmates
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats