This pleasant Northern Italian restaurant offers a number of French nuances. Start with soups as good as their pretty names promise: minestrone Genovese, tortellini in brodo, or zuppa maitata. The shrimp fra diavolo is spunky, the veal dishes are exquisite, and you won't have to take out a second mortgage to pay the check. At Café Avanti, Cuisine is classical but with a flair.
- Price: $$$
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 5-10 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 5-11 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: On-street
- Extra Services: Private Group Dining
- Order/delivery via DoorDash
- Order/delivery via Postmates
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats